- For a first year group project, we designed a concept for an autonomous vehicle for underwater tours.
- The project involved building a full size interior to conduct user testing, a user interface and HUD and considerations of ingress and egress.
Our team of 5 designed an electric submarine pod concept for reef exploration and tourism. We aimed to create a fun exclusive experience for tourists that would reduce damage to reefs by providing an inclusive alternative to scuba diving.
The pod is semi autonomous, the user can explore the reef freely but are limited to a minimum safe distance to reduce ecological damage.
Full scale prototype and User Interface
- I was responsible the design and build of the full scale prototype
- I led the ergonomic and anthropometric design considerations
- I developed a working lift mechanism to allow users to get in and out of the pod
Click here to download full report